dinners this week were a mixture of some old favorites combined with a few new recipes as well. for some reason, i found myself craving peas and sweet potatoes all.week.long, so you'll find those intermixed within these recipes!
i'm also trying to learn more about food photography. it (sadly) gets dark here around 5:00 now, and pictures without natural sunlight are jut not-my-thang. i found this post on food photography for bloggers (also from one of my favorite recipe sites!) and hope that it will help. do you have any good tips on food photography, especially after dark?
monday: hearty sweet potato chili with sliced avocado and homemade bread
tuesday: mini veggie pot pies served with a garden salad
wednesday: vegan fettuccine alfredo with shiitake mushrooms, kale, and sun-dried tomatoes (yum!)
thursday: vegan sausage and cabbage saute* w/ potato cakes & broiled black pepper tofu
friday: tofu bay cakes (image via vegan dad) and a side of steamed veggies (we love these bay cakes!!)
vegan sausage and cabbage saute
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- field roast smoked apple sage vegan sausage (this is so good. find it here!)
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups white wine
- 1 15-ounce can of white beans, drained
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium cabbage, sliced into 1/4-inch thick slices
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 leaves fresh sage, chopped
1) heat olive oil in a large frying pan and add onion and sausage, stir until lightly browned- about 5-7 minutes.
2) add the white wine and can of beans and bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. cover and cook for about ten minutes.
3) add the veggie stock, cabbage and bay leaves. cover and let cook until liquid has evaporated and cabbage is soft- about 20-25 minutes.