my parent's front yard, christmas day 2010
what is it about a new year that gets you thinking about changes? i like to think that my eagerness to make changes is not because of the resolutions hype, but because it's only natural to feel like it's a new beginning. a fresh slate. a natural time to reflect and what worked in the previous year, and what didn't. so naturally, i've been giving much thought to this next year, the goals that i have and things that i want to do differently. i read just yesterday that if you fail to plan you plan to fail. so alas, i'm planning! there are several things i've been reflecting upon, here are just a few.
goals for 2011:
- get focused. because i find myself doing so many things that don't directly pertain to my big picture. it's time to dive head first into the dreams that i have, and see if i can accomplish them.
- start saying no. at least a bit more frequently to the things that consume my time but don't feed my goals. this will only be a way to feed and support my goal #1.
- get on top of our finances. make a plan and name every dollar before the month begins (as i'm ultra-motivated by my latest read, total money makeover).
- put God first. in my time, my day, our finances, and in every way.
- start painting more.
- learn adobe illustrator. just learn it, bonnie!
- be better at communication. it seems now that all of my dear friends are spread out across the states, from boston to bend. it's my number one goal to stay on top of being there for each of them and growing our relationships.
- get my read on. that's right, start going through the stack of books i've collected that i want to read.
and here are some BIG events coming up in 2011!
- we'll be moving to santa ynez, california with my husband's job come march/april!
- david will be doing an iron man on may 9th in st. george utah (that's my crazy amazing husband)!
now it's your turn!
what are your goals for 2011? any big events coming up?