happy 4th of july weekend friends!! just as you might expect, ghtr will be taking monday off to celebrate along with you. but first! let's talk about some ways to celebrate the holiday!
just as many of you will, the forkner fam will be grilling out for this 4th of july as well. that's right, the vegans will be having a cookout! to most, this sounds boring, tasteless or just plain silly. but, even if you're not a veg-head, you might have some coming to your party. to the rescue today? a list of barbecue friendly ideas for your vegetarian friends.
vegetarian grilling ideas
- homemade black bean burgers (this is my favorite recipe)
- grilled veggies (like eggplant, sweet potatoes, zucchini, onions, peppers and pineapple)
- corn on the cob
- boca burgers or other vegan hotdogs/burgers you can find at your local health food store
- grilled tofu (here's a great recipe)
- pasta salads
- homemade frozen juice popsicles
- vegetarian grilled pizza (leave off the cheese for vegans)
do you have any favorite vegetarian or vegan grilling or cook out ideas? please share! i'll try to add them to our list. xox, bonnie