in the past, i haven't been the biggest fan of cold soups, but this one rocked my world (but, you can also serve it warm, if you like). adapted from this recipe, it's one of the easiest soups i've made and it's great for a group of people with different dietary needs. the flavors are just right and it's so filling and satisfying. i hope you'll enjoy!
- 6-8 medium to large heirloom tomatoes
- 1 small yellow onion
- 1 medium yellow squash, halved lengthwise
- 1 bell pepper
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 cup pureed veggie juice (on the juice isle!)
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Coarse salt
- 1 avocado
- 1 small red heirloom tomato
chop all ingredients into thick chunks and combine in a food processor and pulse until pureed. (that's right, just puree it all together!). season with salt and top with diced avocado and fresh tomato. serve chilled.