*now that you've fallen in love with lacy and meg (and gluten free/vegan recipes!), meg is here to share one of her yummy recipes with us. she's a dear friend of mine and on top of being an wonderful cook, she's also an amazing photographer and inspirational writer. i don't know about you, but i can't wait to get home and make a batch of these bars!
Hello dears! I'm Meghan and I'm popping over from eat.live.make to share a yummy and easy gluten free (and vegan!) recipe with you all today. I love Bonnie to death, and am excited to get to share this recipe with you all today on Going Home To Roost.
If you're like me, finding something I can eat on the run is hard when you are on a strict gluten free and vegan diet. These little granola bars are the perfect snack to take to work, the park, or on a hike. I usually make a batch at the beginning of each week, and my hubby and I munch on them all week long.
-3 cups GLUTEN FREE quick cooking oats
-pinch of salt
-3/4 cup honey or combination of honey and Grade B maple syrup (you can also use agave)
-1/4 cup olive oil
--1/2 cup vanilla almond milk
(you can also add the following ingredients)
- dark chocolate OR enjoy life vegan chocolate chip cookies
-2 cups dried fruit such as mango, apricots, blueberries or raisins
-walnuts to give it a little crunch
Here's What You'll Do:
1. Preheat your oven to 350. Generously grease a 9x13 inch glass pan
2. Mix dry ingredients together. Add honey and vegetable oil. Add milk and blend well. Place in pan and flatten out with a wet spatula.
3. Place in oven and bake 25 minutes.
4. Remove from oven and cut into squares with a knife. Sprinkle top with salt (this makes it EXTRA yummy!)
5. Place pan back into the oven and bake for another 10-15 minutes.
6. Remove from oven and store in fridge for up to 2 weeks.