1. this vegan aged white cheddar popcorn by earth balance has been totally rocking my world lately. it's every bit as good as pirate's booty version, if you've ever had it. it has that sharp white cheddar taste and is the perfect snack- it's also gluten free, non gmo and contains no trans fat. woohoo!
2. having whipped topping around is just one of those small pleasures i gave up a long time ago.. until i found this soy whip by soyatoo! they also make a rice whip that is equally amazing, if you're watching your soy intake. it's perfect on desserts, hot chocolate, pancakes and more!
3. i've been using regular vegenaise for a long time (i can't tell the difference between it and regular), but have recently tried this gourmet chipotle vegenaise and can't get enough of it! it makes for a delicious dipping sauce and a great spread for wraps and sandwiches, too. i like to mix in a spoonful to a bowl of salsa just to give it a creamy kick. be careful, this one is addictive!
4. this somewhat-new cheddar style wedge from daiya is the best vegan cheddar cheese i've ever had. it melts beautifully and makes a killer grilled cheese sandwich.
5. it's been hard to find a vegan marshmallows- some of the brands that health food stores carry substitute fish pectin for gelatin which isn't any better, plus it leaves the marshmallow tasting kind of fishy. ew. however, these vegan marshmallows by dandies are our new best friend! they are dangerously delicious and taste way better than even regular marshmallows. they make great rice krispy treats, s'mores, topping for hot chocolate and also make for a great sweet snack by themselves.
6. i'm ashamed to say that i've been using a not so eco-friendly hair mousse since i was in high school. it's the one thing i could never find a good alternative to, and couldn't stand going with frizzy gross hair all the time. all my curly headed friends have been in the same boat and we've been looking for a healthy curly hair product together for years. luckily, one of my best friends recently discovered beautiful curls and told me to try it. for the first time (ever), i switched brands and have never looked back. this healthy, shea butter based gel leaves curls bouncy and soft, defined and smooth. finally!
7. it's also been a struggle to find a healthy toothpaste that didn't taste like baking soda. we recently discovered JĀSÖN's natural sea fresh toothpaste though, and love it! it contains no sulfates, preservatives, artificial colors, artificial sweeteners, saccharin or propylene glycol. thank you!
i've been able to find all of these products easily at our small, local health food store. if you live near a larger store like whole foods, you'll have no problem at all! many smaller health food stores will also happily carry products for you by request, just ask!
what have you been loving lately?