i had the most lovely gal from the pond blog email me last week to share this infographic with me that she made on saving water. it covers the surprising amounts of water that we use each day, and outlines ways that we can reduce our water consumption. this subject is near and dear to my heart, and is one of the reasons i became a vegan. it only takes about 39 gallons of water to produce a pound of vegetables whereas it takes 1850-2500 gallons to produce 1lb of beef! even if your change is small or simple, it helps tremendously.
here are some of my favorite ways to reduce our water consumption:
- eat only plant based foods
- drink more tea than coffee
- take shorter showers
- use rainwater to water the garden
- use low flow shower heads and toilets
- only run the dishwasher and washing machine when we have a full load
what's your favorite way to save water? share them with us in the comment section, i'll meet you there!