today, i'm excited to share some very exciting, big news with you! this coming august, i'll be teaching a course for creativeLIVE on how to design surface patterns from scratch. ee!
are you familiar with creativeLIVE? if not, get ready to fall in love! every single day, creativeLIVE broadcasts the world's greatest creative experts directly to you, live and free. with workshops featuring photography, video, design, business, audio, music, and software training there's something for everyone! anyone can watch online — for free — and interact with instructors in real time. or, if you would prefer to have on demand access anytime, you can purchase the course for a nominal fee. now, instead of turning on the morning news, i tune into creativeLIVE in the morning to get inspired and nourish my creative spirit!
SO, if you've ever dreamed of being a surface pattern designer, this course is for you! in just 3 days, i'll teach you the ins and outs of adobe illustrator and take you from concept to sketch to finished designs and repeating patterns. by the end of the course, you'll have a mini collection of patterns to hit the ground running with.
here's what you'll learn:
- adobe illustrator for surface pattern design
- how to make a repeating pattern
- how to develop a concept, sketch and illustrate your ideas
- how to develop and work with a color palette
- how to work from sketches and photographs
- how to gather inspiration and stay creatively motivated
- the business of surface pattern design
- all about licensing and copyrights
- how to develop a portfolio and get noticed
- how to create printables, desktop backgrounds, gift tags, recipes and blog posts
- how to apply your patterns to fabric, wallpaper, wrapping paper and more!
and there's so much more! you'll leave this course feeling inspired, motivated and more importantly prepared to hit the ground running towards your dream of being a surface pattern designer. we're going to have so much fun!
what: design surface patterns from scratch
when: august 13th, 14th & 15th from 9am - 4pm each day
cost: the course is FREE if you watch it live, and available for purchase for on demand access anytime for $59. click here for details.
p.s. interested in being a part of the live in-studio audience in san francisco? click here to apply!