generally, i'm a hot coffee kinda gal. i wake up while it's still dark outside and most often just want to roll over and go back to sleep. but every morning, i start thinking about the creative tasks i have to do and i get EXCITED. excited to wake up, excited to be alive, excited to work and excited to have a hot cup of coffee. i
jump slink out of bed, throw a robe on and try to tip toe up our staircase as not to wake up any certain someones. i hit the top of the staircase and all but run to start making my morning cup.
something switches in the afternoon though. i think every human being should nap at 3:00, but instead i ignore my intuition and have another cup of coffee instead (that's healthy, right?!). this time, i'm craving something chilled. something refreshing.
>> insert a mint iced coffee. ahhhh.
it's light, refreshing, sweet and scrumptious. it's easy enough to make on an average day, but special enough to make for a girlfriend's brunch.
the mint syrup is easy to make and incredibly light and fresh! it gives the coffee a sweet undertone of mint, nothing too overwhelming.
i have also fallen in love with kohana cold brew coffee! it's impeccable smooth, rich and satisfying. they produce truly organic and sustainable coffee. and it's good.
- 1/2 cup cold brew concentrate
- 1 cup almond milk
- 3-4 tbs so delicious coconut creamer
- MINT SYRUP
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
- begin by making the mint syrup. add water, sugar and mint leaves to a small stock pot and place over medium heat. whisk until the sugar is dissolved and the mixture boils. reduce the heat and let simmer for about 5 minutes. turn the heat off, let cool completely and then strain (or leave the leaves in!). place in the fridge until ready to use.
- to make the coffee, pour 1/2 cup of coffee concentrate and 1 cup of almond milk in a glass. add 3-4 tablespoons of so delicious coconut creamer and 2-3 tablespoons of the mint syrup to the glass. add in a couple of ice cubes and enjoy!