hi everyone! i’m so happy to announce the design challenge my second skillshare class: surface pattern design 2.0! as usual, students aren’t required to participate, but i always think it’s fun to get involved and see what everyone’s creating. plus, the winner gets a one-on-one with me and a big bundle of pretties! the deadline isn’t until may 15th, so that gives everyone about 6 weeks to work on their project!
to participate: you’ll first need to enroll in the course. next, all you have to do to enter is upload your assignment as you work to the student project area!
challenge deadline: may 15th, 2015
challenge requirements: show each step of your work:
– overall pattern collection name
– a 1 paragraph collection story
– names for each pattern
– patterns applied to products
– final 6 piece pattern collection
*BONUS - pictures of your portfolio
the winner will be selected on the following criteria:
– how well they share their process
– how well they follow course instructions
– their final pattern’s style, color and scale
– 45 minute personal one-on-one review and industry chat with me
– ten 1/2 yards of any fabric collection (your choice)
– lifetime membership to the roost tribe
– set of 6 art prints from course presentations
– work featured on going home to roost
i'm beyond excited to announce that spoonflower will be joining us for the challenge! in addition to the above prizes, the top 3 winners for the challenge will also receive a gift certificate to use at spoonflower to print their very own fabric, wallpaper or gift wrap ($100, $50 & $25 for 1st, 2nd & 3rd places).
the co-founder of spoonflower, stephen fraser, will also join me in choosing the top 3 winners. (!!)
this is an excellent opportunity to get your work seen in the industry and start seeing your own patterns on products
best of luck everyone! i can’t wait to see what you create! xx, bonnie