This summery recipe pairs perfectly with a light soup or hearty salad. It also makes for a great brunch or 'packable' picnic! I topped ours with a vegan parmesan from follow your heart. It took this savory pancake right over the top!
Savory Summer Pancake
Write a review
- - 1 cup all purpose flour
- - 1 tsp sugar
- - 2 tablespoons baking powder
- - 1 teaspoon salt
- - 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- - 2 tbs melted earth balance butter
- vegetable filling
- - 1 small onion
- - 1 tbs nutritional yeast
- - 1 bunch kale or rainbow chard
- - 1 tsp fresh thyme
- - * optional vegan parmesan
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Make batter. Add all ingredients to a mixer and blend until smooth.
- Thinly slice the onion and coarse chop the greens.
- Heat 1 TBS of olive or coconut oil in a cast iron skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and greens and saute ~ 5 - 7 minutes.
- Stir in the pancake batter, add the nutritional yeast and thyme and stir to combine.
- *Optional - sprinkle with vegan parmesan - yum!
- Bake until golden on top, about 30 minutes. You'll know it's done when a knife inserted into the middle comes out clean!
going home to roost https://bonniechristine.com/