When it comes to being creative, your work space is so important. It can make all the difference in productivity and inspiration! Desha Peacock's new book, You Creative Work Space, is filled with inspirational spaces and tips on how to create your own beautiful space to work in. We get to peek into the work spaces of Holly Becker, Justina Blakeney, Emily Henderson and many other inspirational women.
I thought it might be fun to share with you a few of the important things I try to cultivate in my own work space. Maintaining these conditions in my own work space helps to keep myself feeling inspired and motivated. Here they are!
- Light - as much natural light as possible helps to keep my eyes relaxed and my space bright.
- Work Space -a clean desk and tidy work room. Clutter is the ultimate creativity killer!
- Plants and flowers (everywhere!) - there's nothing like bringing the outdoors in to add inspiration and life to a space.
- Inspiration - I always like to keep some of my own favorite artwork on display, it helps replace any feelings of I can't with I can!
- Tools of the trade - having the tools I need easily accessible (paintbrushes, scissors, camera, etc) keeps a steady workflow.
Now for the fun part, Desha has offered to give away a copy of her new book to one lucky reader (thank you, Desha!). For a chance to win, head on over to this Instagram post!