If you're new to Illustrator, I would love to have you join me in my other Skillshare courses! Both Intro to Surface Pattern Design and Surface Pattern Design 2.0 are very comprehensive. This course will assume that you're either competent in Illustrator or that you've taken these courses first. :)
• You’ve ever gotten that annoying error “patterns cannot contain anything painted with a pattern”.
• You think geometric patterns must require some advanced knowledge of calculus.
• You've been bitten by the 'pattern bug' (you’re obsessed with patterns)!
• You’ve tried to deconstruct a pattern in your mind that you’ve seen out ‘in the wild’.
• If a keyboard shortcut has ever literally, changed your life.
Now that your comfortable using Adobe Illustrator, it's time to tackle the more advanced techniques we can use to build complex, beautiful repeating patterns. In this course, we'll quickly cover the basics of building repeating patterns, and progress to more skillful pattern techniques like how to build geometric, diagonal, layered, textured and lined repeats.
Her classes are full of useful, helpful directions. Compared to many other courses she consistently exceeds my expectations. Highly recommend her series of surface pattern classes.
I'm new to surface design but have been using Illustrator for many years as a branding designer. Still, I learnt some great techniques here that will save me a lot of time. The instructions are clear and has helped me understand how particularly complex surface patterns have been created.
This course is designed to give you all the technical and creative skills you need to start designing beautifully colored complex patterns TODAY! My hope is that it will leave you feeling motivated and inspired to follow your own creative dreams!
Sketching, Scanning, Vectorizing, And Coloring