>> ENROLL HERE >>
Now that your comfortable using Adobe Illustrator, it's time to tackle the more advanced techniques we can use to build complex, beautiful repeating patterns. In this course, we'll quickly cover the basics of building repeating patterns, and progress to more skillful pattern techniques like how to build geometric, diagonal, layered, textured and lined repeats.
This course is for you if:
- You've been bitten by the 'pattern bug' (you’re obsessed with patterns)!
- You’ve tried to deconstruct a pattern in your mind that you’ve seen out ‘in the wild’.
- You’ve ever gotten that annoying error “patterns cannot contain anything painted with a pattern”.
- You think geometric patterns must require some advanced knowledge of calculus.
- If a keyboard shortcut has ever literally, changed your life.
PLEASE NOTE: If you're new to Illustrator, I would love to have you join me in my other Skillshare courses! Both Intro to Surface Pattern Design and Surface Pattern Design 2.0 are very comprehensive. This course will assume that you're either competent in Illustrator or that you've taken these courses first. :)
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
In this course, we’ll be focusing on more complex ways to construct patterns. We'll start with the basics and quickly progress to advanced pattern building skills.
- The basics of sketching, scanning, vectorizing and coloring your motifs
- A refresh on how to build simple repeating patterns
- How to make diagonal pattern repeats
- How to make geometric pattern repeats
- How to make layered pattern repeats
- How to add texture to your patterns
- How to make lined pattern repeats
- Time saving keyboard shortcuts
This course is designed to give you all the technical and creative skills you need to start designing beautifully colored complex patterns TODAY! My hope is that it will leave you feeling motivated and inspired to follow your own creative dreams!
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
All you'll need for this course is Adobe Illustrator (begin a free trial here)! This class is taught in Adobe Illustrator CC, though any version of Illustrator should work! :)
LET'S GET STARTED!
I am so excited to begin this adventure with you. Let's get started!
>> ENROLL HERE >>