>> ENROLL HERE <<
Did you know? You don't have to be an 'artist' to create beautiful artwork! This course is designed for the person who dreams of creating their own repeating patterns. After spending years learning how to become a surface pattern designer on my own, I've become passionate about sharing my knowledge with others. For this course, I have compiled all the necessary skills and knowledge you need to begin designing!
Whether you're a seasoned pro at Illustrator or you've never opened the program, you'll feel comfortable in this course. We'll start with the basics and advance to the most technical knowledge you'll need to begin making beautiful artwork.
PLEASE NOTE: This course is the first in a series. Be sure to join us for Surface Pattern Design 2.0 to learn how to create a collection and start your career as a surface pattern designer!
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
I'll walk you through step by step to creating a repeating pattern.
We'll learn what surface pattern design is and why it may be a good career option for you. I'll share with you my own creative story and give you lots of insider secrets along the way!
- Learn Illustrator - from setting up a custom workspace to how to use the most technical tools of the trade.
- Gather and create your own inspiration, and learn how to put together a moodboard.
- Learn best practices for sketching and scanning.
- Learn how to make artwork from your sketches, your photographs and from directly within Adobe Illustrator.
- Create custom color palettes.
- Design a repeating pattern!
This course is designed to give you all the technical and creative skills you need to start designing patterns, plus it will motivate and inspire you to start following your creative dream!
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
Below are a few of the tools that will be helpful in this course.
- Adobe Illustrator (begin a free trial here)
- Pencil and dark black pen
- Camera or Smartphone
Not mandatory, but useful tools include:
- Wacom Tablet
LET'S GET STARTED!
>> ENROLL HERE <<
I am so excited to begin this adventure with you. Let's get started!